Northern Minnesota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bk21

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 15, 2013
Iron Range
Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I live in Northern Minnesota. Obviously new to the site and fairly new to the world of smoking! I've been the family griller for years using the weber kettles or any propane grill. Just recently started smoking within the last 2 years. Currently use a cajun injector electric with the assistance of the amazen pellet smoker. I will be purchasing a wsm for sure this spring.

Welcome to the forum!  In no time at all you will find this place to be your go to place for making great foods your friends and family will love. The search tool at the top of the page will be your new best friend. 

Gautreau,

No real reason I guess, just wanted to add another to my arsenal. I really like my electric with the amazen pellet smoker especially for cold smoking and as an entry level smoker. It has turned out some great pork butts, brisket, ribs, and actually anything else I have out in it! The only mistake I had was leaving my lake trout in a bit to long and the temp spiked ruining the whole batch. I have been in the market for a different type of smoker and don't have the money to spend on the BGE or a pellet grill, thus leaving me with the wsm. I'm looking forward to a new challenge and I do really enjoy anything that comes off of charcoal!

Brian
welcome1.gif

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

A WSM is a good choice. Of course the BGE is also a good choice. If you are a Hands

on guy you might think about a UDS.

Happy smoken.

David

Hi Brian and welcome!  You'll find that this is a great place to share ideas on smoking, grilling, etc.  There are plenty of folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky