Nor Cal newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgarcia1083

Original poster
Aug 14, 2018
Hello All!

My name is Brandon and I’m from the Northern California BayArea. I recently purchased a Yoder Kingsman, and I’m loving every minute with it so far! Right now I’m still trying to figure it out and learn everything about her. I love to BARBECUE!!! I’ve been around fires, pits and meat since I was a child, but now I want to get my Q’ing game serious. I want to help open peoples eyes on the west coast to what serious barbecue is! It’s not just grilled chicken and tri-tip, not that there’s anything wrong with that, but there’s so much more to the word “barbecue.” To me, it’s an art form... an art form I want to engulf myself In and be the best I can be at it. I moved out of a big city so I can practice more... instead of driving 80+ miles to a family members house to practice. Any who, I have a place where I can practice now, a new smoker, and I’m loving every minute practice the craft. Thanks for having me!

Reactions: YogiDog
Welcome to the board! You have a lot of fun ahead of you. This board isn't divided into one style of Q vs. another; we shoot suggestions across each other all the time.

Welcome to the board! You have a lot of fun ahead of you. This board isn't divided into one style of Q vs. another; we shoot suggestions across each other all the time.
Awesome! I can’t wait to get some good ideas and learn from everyone! Thanks!

Yo Brandon,
Normally I'm just a lurker, but had to chime in on this one. With all due respect, the Bay Area is Central Cali. NoCal starts north of Sacto and is a whole different (and very rural) world in nearly every way imaginable, but if we have one thing in common it's great BBQ!

Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

I hope you root for the kings then! And not the Dubs!. .. j/k right on bro! If you know of any good Q’ spots or beer spots up in your area you can recommend, that would be awesome! And vice-versa if you’re ever in the Bay Area.

Raised in LaLa Land, but rabid Celtics fan!!! Hey, look out for us this year Brandon, we just might take out your beloved Dubs... (Seriously though, wouldn't that be a great series?)
So now, sounds like we've got two things in common - great BBQ and Laker Haters. Here's to both our teams "smoking" LeBron's Lakers this year!

Last edited:
Hahah Victor! That would be an awesome series... and the Celtics are looking fierce these days. I love it!

Keep smoking bro!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky