Nonexistent Customer Support at Masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The door does not seal well at all. I'm probably going to take it apart and and fix it since I can't even contact masterbuilt. I figure after I fix it that they will contact me back in six months and say that they can't help me because I messed with it.
As long as you have the original pic they most likely don't need a date stamp for another pic that is more recent. I'd do what you have to do to get it to seal and smoke with it to see if there are bigger problems.

JacDanls was saying bash them on FB They will contact you quick. Nothing directed to you. Its one of those things like you cant feel the vibe over the net issues
That exchange was between Jackdanls07 and normanaj. But I fully intend to grill, smoke and sear Masterbuilt on any and all platforms possible until they at least respond to me. And not by automated response.

As long as you have the original pic they most likely don't need a date stamp for another pic that is more recent. I'd do what you have to do to get it to seal and smoke with it to see if there are bigger problems.
You must have been reading my mind dr K. I just took a chuck roast out of the smoker and dropped it into the sous vide for a 26 hr. soak. Pot roast and veggies tomorrow. The smoker seemed to function properly other than the fact that smoke escapes around the door and the temp probe seems to be off 5-10 degrees on the cold side.

You must have been reading my mind dr K. I just took a chuck roast out of the smoker and dropped it into the sous vide for a 26 hr. soak. Pot roast and veggies tomorrow. The smoker seemed to function properly other than the fact that smoke escapes around the door and the temp probe seems to be off 5-10 degrees on the cold side.

5° to 10° off on an MES or any other built in Therm is considered Quite Good.
The only way you're going to get accuracy is with a Digital Wireless set-up, of which there are many.

Bear

I'm sitting here with 25 lb of pork belly ready to smoke. Masterbilt electric just beeps and shows err 1. Customer service is a must. Next smoker, maybe tomorrow, definitely not a masterbilt.

I'm sitting here with 25 lb of pork belly ready to smoke. Masterbilt electric just beeps and shows err 1. Customer service is a must. Next smoker, maybe tomorrow, definitely not a masterbilt.
No reason to throw good money away. Buy anything but Masterbuilt. Masterbuilt used to have a good name and reputation in the industry. Now they just peddle a crap product with "NO" customer support.

Hmmm, They had terrible customer service back in 2008-09.
Then they were decent in 2010-11.
Then they were Awesome for quite a few years.
Been hearing a few complaints over the last couple years.

It seems to depend on who they have in the offices.
Maybe those who were there for that long run of good service are no longer there?!?!

Interesting.

Bear

Looks like it's pretty cold in Kentucky right now. You may need to warm the interior of the cabinet with a hair dryer. I'm not sure what Error 1 is.

Yep the based on a Google search your unit may be too cold to come on. I will try warming it up will the hair dryer and then see if it will operate properly. It should be fine once you get it warmed and cut on

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky