No Wrap baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TunaciousBBQ28

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 10, 2021
I was researching a Gravity Q, the Masterbuilt 800 for my Sister and I came across a video on no wrap ribs. I thought I would give it a try and boy was it good. No more wrapping for me.
The cook temp was 250 degrees for 4.5 hours or 203 to 205 degrees.
I used a Traeger Texas and cherry pellets.
The rub is Meat Church Gospel. I rubbed it with Mustard prior to seasoning, one hours before getting it on the smoker.
Sauce is Sweet Baby Rays, original. I sprinkle a little seasoning on with the sauce and brush it in.
After 3 hours, I checked temp and thin part was 180 and thick part is 175. At 4 hours, thin is 195 and thick is 188. I increased temp 10 degrees.
At 4.5 hours, thin was 205 and thin is 203.
I pulled off, sauced and covered with foil.
The bite was tender, but not FOTB. Perfect to me.
My wife is the true cook in the family and she made Peanut slaw, baked beans and corn bread.
08222021-3.jpg
08222021-2.jpg
08222021-1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments and my wife is smiling too. The part I like about no wrap is I have better control of the product. When I wrapped, I would open the wrap to probe the meat, but it maybe too late by then. I'm a convert of no wrap.

Those look fantastic! Your wife did a fine job on the sides it looks like as well! I'm a no wrap guy too most of the time.

Reactions: TunaciousBBQ28
Thanks for the compliments and my wife is smiling too. The part I like about no wrap is I have better control of the product. When I wrapped, I would open the wrap to probe the meat, but it maybe too late by then. I'm a convert of no wrap.

make sure to smoke till the ribs do the bend test. Every rack of ribs is different and they wont smoke to the same times or temp. Some are thicker, some are thinner.

The bend test is the only proper way to smoke ribs and tell if they’re done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky