No Way In Hell

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crewdawg52

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 7, 2007
Brighton, MI
Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh....................NO!
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

My dad used to eat pork brains with gravy. I never had the nerve/stomach to try it. I remember one time my mother came home and found a whole pigs head in the fridge (dad got it for the brains). I can't remember everything she said when she opened the fridge door but I do remember dad taking it back to the store
icon_mrgreen.gif

My Grandpa used to cook calves brains in the head and as I recall they were pretty good. I don't thing as an adult I could bare to eat it without gagging.

I'm also thinking with this mad cow disese it's probably not a good idea.

There's a resturant locally that still offers fried brain sandwiches. Dad used to eat brains when we would butcher. I've tryed them and can take them or leave them. They have to be fried crisp.

No thanks ,,,too many chops ,,,butts ,,,,loins and pork tenderloins ,,,readily available and cheap
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
....not to mention sides and babyback ribs :)

Too many "mad whatever" issues with brain of any sort.
And with Partheimers setting in I need what I have left.
If you eat brain you are crazy.
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif

My mother used to fry up pig brains and eat them with eggs...EWWWWW!!!!

I tried them like that by accident. Big buffet style brunch. I was eating some scrambled eggs with what I assumed to be sausage in them. Noticed that they were very soft and started wondering... I asked my Mom what it was and simultaneously overheard from an adjacent table "Myrtle, aren't these brains and eggs delicious!" Never tried them since! Yuck!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky