No Briskets At Sams

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin for life

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 21, 2007
Phila.
Went to Sams to buy some meat, got 2 good looking Boston butts, one for pulling and the other one is for "Making Bacon" also picked up a couple of chickens, and a couple of racks of spare ribs. Ok lets get a brisket, mmmmm can't find any so I asked if they had any in the back, "Are you ready for this..." they told me the aren't going to carry them in the summer, she told me they don't sell enough!! WHAT!!!! THey don't sell enough to carry them in the summer, but they'll have them again in the winter DUH!!!
confused.gif
Hopefully it is just the Sams I'm going to. So I bought 2 chuck roast instead. This is going to be GREAT week end.

I know what you're going through, when I left TX. and moved to Philly The food just ain't the same. "What's a pinto bean" or "you actually eat catfish"

Sorry to hear that kind of thing.I'm in Fort Worth and there is always brisket and flank steak available. Maybe its just that certain store your going to. Anyway good luck finding what your looking for.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's the same thing here in El Paso. I went to buy a brisket for smoking and they only had about five left. All of them were very ugly. When I asked the meat guy if he had any in the back, he said he was unsure of they were gonna get anymore for the summer! I guess I can go to my local grocery store if need be.

got you all beat.... they only carry corned beef brisket in the entire Flint area, if you do happen to find one, its very ugly and was shipped by mistake..lol

I actually saw small briskets at the local Meijer this week. I was so suprised that I had to pull my wife over and show her. There were about 7 of them wrapped in plain vaccum packs swimming in a sea of corned beef briskets. Average size was about 2 - 3 pounds - half the size of the corned beef ones.

Man, thats not good. Now I'll have to check the Sam's in my area to see if it's the same here. I wonder why? I didn't know brisket is seasonal...can't figure it out. It's not a turkey!

I guessing the reason is most people put them in a big ole pot and slow cook em. Who wants all that steam in the summer?

Maybe we'll ge lucky and that "Smoker trend" we've been hearing about will force them to buy te briskets?

Not pimping for anyone and I know that there could be some political issues for some, but I have been somewhat impressed with the meat at Super Wally World (Wal Mart)

Large Briskets and cuts
Spare ribs
Pork Loins

I seem to think that most of the Vac Pac stuff was Tyson

If I get by before too late this week I think I am gonna stock up on some ribs

I also got a Publix down the road (I call it Publix Lite just because it is a smaller store without my bank branch) But they had the biggest best looking corned beef that I could find for the Pastrami I made. If they have any simular sized plain brisket flats I will be stocking up on them too!

I am also gonna try to find some time to swing by one of those stand alone meat shops just to see what they have (Wilkes? Maybe?)

So much meat so little time (And so little room on the Smoker!)

Well the sams near me had a few briskets this morning so picked up a 14 lb one at $1.52 a pound. The krogers here has them for $1.49 per pound. Seems like no one is stocking them like they use to.

They're running out of briskets in TX????? OH MY GOSH!!! I use to live out your way msmith, right off of 35E Golden Triangle exit, just before Keller Tx. Man I miss it.

Sounds like we were neighbors man. Its getting hard to find sales on briskets around here. Use to be on any holiday everyone had briskets on sale but not anymore.

I am here in denver and we have briskets at Sams. Although i was going to smoke one Saturday and all they had look well dont want to me rude but they looked like crap. Ended up going to the military commisary and they had some very nice ones. AND one of them is on the smoker right now. Was hard gettign up this morning though playing poker until 2 AM

Sam's, like Wal*Mart, is ruled by the Wal*Mart computer system. Sales of every item at every location are tracked. There is a "target sales level" for each item. If an item (e.g. brisket) does not generate sales to that level the computer will not reorder that item. The store mgr. can override and special order, rare it happens.
That is my main unhappyness with Sam's. I buy something there that is good, go back to get more and it is no longer stocked.
PDT_Armataz_01_31.gif

Oh yeah, I REALLY hate the "seasonal item" thing also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky