Newer To Smoking - need recommendations for MES 30

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
got my MB mod set!

tried a couple of turkey tenderloins for my test run!

will post results when done!

thanks for everyone’s help!

what does everyone store their pellets in? Does it have to be an air tight container?

Nice work man!
I don't do anything special to store my pellets. I probably have close to 200 pounds of pellets so they are all in their 20 and 40 pound bags with a hole torn in the top. I roll up the top of the bag to close the whole but it's nothing more than that for me.

TIP: If you now have issues with your pellets staying lit u can microwave them to zap any unseen/unfelt humidity the pellets always pick up. The safest way to do this is to put on a paper plate and nuke in the microwave for 1 min 20 sec. PULL OUT of the microwave and mix around and let them set outside the microwave for 2 minutes and leave the microwave door open (if u check u can see humidity collecting on floor of microwave). Now put back in the microwave and do another 1min 20 sec nuke. After mix around again and dump into your AMNPS.

Nuking solved any issues I had with pellets staying lit. I think everyone with an AMNPS does it as a best practice and is the reason I don't worry about storying my pellets air tight. THey are in the garage with no risk of getting wet from rain so I'm good.

Finally, if u can build some legs for your AMNPS to stand up off the floor of your mailbox mod bucket then that helps airflow under it and keep pellets lit.

You should be good to go from here.... unless you didnt brine your turkey tenderloins and they dry out, but thats not an AMNPS issue :D

Reactions: Kevinbthgrouse
Nice work man!
I don't do anything special to store my pellets. I probably have close to 200 pounds of pellets so they are all in their 20 and 40 pound bags with a hole torn in the top. I roll up the top of the bag to close the whole but it's nothing more than that for me.

TIP: If you now have issues with your pellets staying lit u can microwave them to zap any unseen/unfelt humidity the pellets always pick up. The safest way to do this is to put on a paper plate and nuke in the microwave for 1 min 20 sec. PULL OUT of the microwave and mix around and let them set outside the microwave for 2 minutes and leave the microwave door open (if u check u can see humidity collecting on floor of microwave). Now put back in the microwave and do another 1min 20 sec nuke. After mix around again and dump into your AMNPS.

Nuking solved any issues I had with pellets staying lit. I think everyone with an AMNPS does it as a best practice and is the reason I don't worry about storying my pellets air tight. THey are in the garage with no risk of getting wet from rain so I'm good.

Finally, if u can build some legs for your AMNPS to stand up off the floor of your mailbox mod bucket then that helps airflow under it and keep pellets lit.

You should be good to go from here.... unless you didnt brine your turkey tenderloins and they dry out, but thats not an AMNPS issue :D
They were marinated. So we will see!

thanks for the tips!

They were marinated. So we will see!

thanks for the tips!

Marinated works. Marinades normally have salt and a brine in its minimal form is just salt and water :)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky