• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hopeh34

Original poster
Nov 18, 2016
NW Georgia
Hello,

My name is Hope. I provide dinner every Sunday for my family. Life is so busy and my children are working and running their children to sports and school all week. Sunday dinner at Gigi's is a way for us to get that much needed family time. I LOVE bbq and smoked meats. I had a smoker I bought on clearance for the hubby. It sat in the box for 5 years. I pulled it out one day and smoked some ribs. The "smoking bug bit" that day. LOL That little cheap smoker lasted about 6 uses. So, I am in the market to purchase another electric smoker. I'm hoping to learn as much as I can here. Thank you for having me.

Sincerely,
Hope

Hello Hope and welcome to the site.

You don't mention where you live or what your budget is but if you're near a Bass Pro Shops store they have a 6 hour Black Friday sale starting at 5AM and have the 40" Masterbuilt Electric Smoker (AKA MES) on sale marked down from $349 to $199.  An awful lot of folks on the site have them in one flavor or another (likely thousands of us....) and they work pretty well.

The Auburn, NY store is one of their smaller stores and the had over 50 of them in stock for last Black Friday so it wasn't the teaser ad that some stores have used. at times.

Wile they work quite well right out of the box there's about a zillion threads on here in the smoker build and modification forums on improving the MES if you wished to and a lot more threads on cooking with them.

Good luck and I hoe you have a great holiday season.

Lance

Thank you! I will see if I can pick that up on line. I don't live near one of the stores. :o(

LanceR
I got my 199.00 smoker! Thank you. Academy Sports had the same deal with free shipping.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool crisp day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky