Newbie..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bbqwantabe

Original poster
Jan 24, 2014
My name is 'Dale" and I'm from Southern California ( sorry but it's home)

We are no where close to what Texas, and KC has to offer for great bbq, but I looking  forward to learing from my

new bbq friends and mentors...

I am using a Master built electric chip burner, it is hard to cook low heat because the chips wont smoke unless the temp is up past 250, I have drilled some small holes in the bottom of the wood tray (seems to help a little.)

I have been researching for a good heavy duty reverse smoker in so .Cal for the back yard, the only thing I can consider is too far and  costly to ship here.

I  am planning a road trip to the BBQ capitols this summer for bbq tasting with the family since I have them all hooked on it. maybe with some preplanning and some rope I get one this summer..

you will get alot of info. from here,these people are great.sorry to hear your from s. California, being a fighting Irish fan i'm not sure if i can talk with you"ONLY KIDDING" I"ve only been a member a little while myself and already learned alot.everyone is very helpful. 

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks Smoker jim..

My son is a Norta Dame fan too , so it's on when they play USC.

The Fighting Irish's moto only discribes myself when I drink too much..  nothin like bbq and Beers..

Welcome to the fourm, from Maryland. You can get enough info on here ro build yoir on smoker. I intend on starting one soon. I have two old station wagons that need attention first.
I just went on a bbq pilgrimage for my 8th wedding anniversary. We hit Memphis down through Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, SC. NC. Virginia and home. We also hit New Orleans, but that's a filthy place ( no offense anyone).
We also went to Florida to visit the in laws. Memphis bbq co. was great, the shed no so good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky