• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ionthesky

Original poster
Dec 14, 2013
Howdy Y'all. Just learned about this forum site. Nice place to ask questions and get advice from some of the pro's that us novices wouldn't know about. Caught the bug two years ago and bought my first cooker last year, a Bayou Classic Ceramic Grill, and never looked back. Never knew "Q" could taste sooo good when you do it yourself.  Anyone else here from the northern KY region?

Welcome to SMF, ionthesky! With a username like that I'd figure you for a star-gazer. There's a couple of Astonomy forums that I belonged to where my username was eyeinthesky. Used to do a lot of star-gazing when I was doing an all-nighter. My son moved away and took my telescope with him, plus I'm getting to old to stay up all night.

There's a number of members here that are Egg users as wells as WSM users, so you'll find yourself in some fine company!

Enjoy the Smoke!

Welcome aboard!  This is the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are plenty of friendly, knowledgeable folks who really enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input here, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Thanks for the warm invite guys.

Dutch, I'm an air traffic controller, hence the ionthesky s/n. I do like satellite spotting at night during the all-nighters as well. Lived in   Clearfield, UT for ten years via USAF.

dougmays, I was contemplating a BGE after I read about how the ceramic holds and maintains 
heat, but the price scared me a bit. Walked into Lowes and saw the Bayou $500 cheaper. Its the same basic principle as the BGE at a cheaper price. Came with stand and shelves and water pan. I haven't been disappointed yet.

Last edited:
@ iots-Good ol' Hill Field. I have a handful of relatives that live in the Clearfield/Layton area that work at HFAB.

From one Vet to another-Thanks for your service, Brother.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Man that Q looks good, making me hungry this morning

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky