newbie with smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingbusha

Original poster
Nov 17, 2013
Pennsylvania
I  live in Pennsylvania and I have been using a charcoal smoker my whole life and decided to purchase a wood pellet smoker.

I purchased a REC Tec grill and been loving it ever since. I have smoke burgers, pork tenderloin and today I am smoking 30 lbs of pork loin for a boys school for their Christmas open house. Hopefully I will be posting these pics in a few days.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Thanks ya all! I had 27 lbs of meat. It took 4.5 hrs at 235 degrees. IT was 145 degrees and wrapped it in tin foil for 30 min. and it tasted wonderful.

They were three loins about 9 lbs each cut in half than butterfly cut with onion bacon apple bleu cheese and garlic stuffing. UMMM It was good.

Outside was a COOL 32 degrees. Will have pics up tomorrow.

Really great job, looks good I bet even tasted better.

Gary

Used your rec tec again at the school for smoking brisket. 5 pieces, 30 lbs for 24 hours at 190. Boys loved it, all gone. That rec tec hopper for the pellets is awesome. It lasted the whole time, towards the end I was worried I was going to run out, but it would have made it. Temperature was well below freezing outside. Thanks again smokingbusha!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky