newbie to the forum, tom barnett

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tom Barnett

Original poster
Nov 5, 2022
hello, all,
i just now signed up to the forum and i begin with a question. i have a pit barrell smoker, and it's direct heat is too much for me. i'm looking at an indirect heat smoker, the masterbuilt with side chimney for charcoal briquets. anybody out there know anything about the masterbuilt smoker? thanks.
tom

Welcome from Utah! I'm sure someone here will bring up the WSM. Similar to you're PB but better for some lower temp smokes...and you can pull the water pan and make it work just about the same as you're used to if you wanted to.

Reactions: TNJAKE
Welcome from Nova Scotia

Bumping to bring back to top for you

I have a dual fuel MB, not what you are asking about, love mine .
I am sure folks will drop in and tell you about their experience with the kind you are asking about

David

Welcome to your new addiction (the forums).. It's like the Amazon of BBQ here... you'll find anything/everything you want ...

For your pit barrel... It sounds like you just need a heat diffuser... Such as a big water pan full of sand and covered with foil ... This does two things... 1. directs the direct heat out to the sides of the barrel... 2. It creates a heat sink which helps temps back to set temp after opening the the barrel...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky