Newbie Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinmichigan

Original poster
Mar 30, 2014
southeast michigan
How's it going fellow smokers! Hi, I'm Bryan and have been smoking now for around 3 months. I currently have an 18" Smoke Vault. I have never used another smoker so I have nothing to compare it to but I love my smoker. I live in southeastern Michigan near the Michigan/Ohio border and it has been one heck of a winter. I do most of the cooking in my house so I have loved to watch my neighbors look at me like I am nuts when I'm out with temps in the negatives and I’m still grilling. I have been checking out your site for a few months now getting some great tips and recipes and figured it was time to join and create some friendships and grow more in my smoking addiction. I am currently smoking a small brisket for a Sunday dinner and I'm sure it’s going to taste great.

Looking forward to learning and sharing with y’all.

Welcome Bryan, glad you found this site. Post some pictures of your smoker and your cook for all to see, then you have to send out samples 

Gary S.

Hey Bryan

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/></v:shapetype><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_9" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt=":canada-flag-68:" style='width:30.75pt;height:20.25pt;visibility:visible; mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\02\clip_image001.gif" o:title=""/></v:shape><![endif][if !vml]
clip_image001.gif
[endif]

Bryan,
There are lots of good seafood recipes on this forum. The surf and turf fatty was a real hit! Hope you're finding everyhting allright!

Welcome to the forum from Lansing Bryan.  And what a great forum it is to learn the art of smoking everything.

We have a Michigan group here.  http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/groups/show/27/michigan-members-group       

If you get a chance check it out and join if you have not done so yet.

We are going to have a get together this year and I hope you can make it.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/159461/2014-michigan-get-together-anyone-interested

It’s always nice to see another Michigander here.

Stan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky