Newbie Smoker here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

10SCJed

Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
Hello from the rainy and wet PNW.

As I have grown older, I've become lazier :-) and so my wife gave me a new Smokin-it cooker for xmas and it arrives soon. It will be a companion to the good 'ol Weber Kettle, but permit me to smoke sausages, cheeses and other cured meats I now make. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge here... happy 2020 everyone.

UPDATE:
I really enjoy seeing everyone's signature cooker rigs. I have been taping concerts for years, and all of the tapers do the same thing with their sigs including their recording rigs. I feel at home already :-) Thanks again!

Last edited:
Welcome from Wisconsin. Lots of great folks and experience here to help you achieve the perfect cook. :emoji_cat:

I have a Smokin-It Model II smoker that's about 6 or 7 years old. It still get's plenty of use and works like a charm. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new cooker.

You've found the right place for gaining tons of knowledge. Welcome to the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome.
A Smokin-It 2D will be my next electric when the MES30 is truly dead.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky