Newbie Smoker here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

10SCJed

Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
Hello from the rainy and wet PNW.

As I have grown older, I've become lazier :-) and so my wife gave me a new Smokin-it cooker for xmas and it arrives soon. It will be a companion to the good 'ol Weber Kettle, but permit me to smoke sausages, cheeses and other cured meats I now make. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge here... happy 2020 everyone.

UPDATE:
I really enjoy seeing everyone's signature cooker rigs. I have been taping concerts for years, and all of the tapers do the same thing with their sigs including their recording rigs. I feel at home already :-) Thanks again!

Last edited:
Welcome from Wisconsin. Lots of great folks and experience here to help you achieve the perfect cook. :emoji_cat:

I have a Smokin-It Model II smoker that's about 6 or 7 years old. It still get's plenty of use and works like a charm. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new cooker.

You've found the right place for gaining tons of knowledge. Welcome to the forum and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Welcome.
A Smokin-It 2D will be my next electric when the MES30 is truly dead.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky