newbie question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jftx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
Amarillo, TX
I know a smoker is basically aan oven.  Does it hurt to bake things in it?  I'm always trying to figure out how to not cook in the kitchen during the summer beacuse it heats up the house and i was wondering if you could bake a cake in one as long as you obviously don't use wood chunks. 

I'm sure you can as long as you get the temps up enough, I would think you would need 350* to bake a cake. But why not throw some smoke at it? 

If it is well seasoned like mine I would think the cake would at least a little, I think just the heat would stir up some of the smoke stuck to the sides of the smoker, boy that sounds good, now you got me thinking......hmmm........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky