Newbie, planning a build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JonRiley

Original poster
Jun 1, 2018
Hi All,

Im wanting to learn about smoking and build my own smoker.
We bought a new house last year, and in the next year or so will be building and landscaping the garden, We love to entertain guests and I would like to build an impressive BBQ and smoker.
I dont have access to (and dont really want to) use gas etc... so am wanting to use charcoal.
I've put together a quick design in skethup of what i think might be about right, but am completely open to suggestions and how I "should" be building it.

Can anyone point me towards info or provide suggestions ? or tell me I'm thinking about it completely wrong? :-)

Thanks in advance

Jon

Attachments

• BBQ.PNG
    BBQ.PNG
    31.7 KB · Views: 16
  • inside.PNG
    inside.PNG
    54.5 KB · Views: 15
  • smoker.PNG
    smoker.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 15
Ok.... so after more playing on sketchup and some reading, I'm thinking there is no point in me trying to go for a offset method?
I could have much more space and hopefully more even heat with the attached ?

Any feedback would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• smoker.PNG
    smoker.PNG
    38.7 KB · Views: 12
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky