• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie on board!

wohlfie

Joined Jul 9, 2016
Hi everyone,

New to smoking and the forum. A few months ago I stumbled across a recipe for summer sausage made in the oven. Turned out out pretty good. But I kept thinking "what if I had a smoker". Read a bunch of stuff on this forum and was hooked.

Fast forward to July 4th weekend and the purchase of an MES40 (Cabellas Sportsman Elite) with side smoker thingy.

Weekend One: assembly and 5 lbs of snack sticks (Hi Mountain original kit). Tasty!

Weekend two: 4 lbs flank steak reduced to one lb jerky. Again Hi Mountain. Phenomenal! 8 lb pork belly turned into salt rather than bacon. :(

Today: ten lbs assorted poultry pieces ( cluck cluck legs and thighs, turkey split breast). Ready in about three hours (brining caused a large start).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info I gleaned while surfing anonymously.

-Wohlfie

Last edited:

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Welcome to our group.  You've got a great unit.  Be sure to join our MES group for hits and tips.  

B

gearjammer

Master of the Pit
Joined Apr 6, 2015
Hello and welcome to you.
Glad you're here.
You will love that MES.
Have fun.

Ed

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
 to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.