• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie looking for vacuum sealer recommendations

Smokerbozz

Joined May 30, 2020
Hello dear members. I am really new here and lately I am tempted to try something different. I would like to vacuum seal my brisket but I never have done before and I don’t know what most of you use and what kind/size of bag you use to seal a whole brisket ? Furthermore, what is the best method to reheat ? Thanks for all info and happy smoking to you all

mike243

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 25, 2018
SV would be my way to reheat, perfect temp and no moisture lost. there's a wide choice on vac sealers, when you get past $150 I don't have a clue, been running a automatic from food saver, I like that I don't have to lock a bar down with 1 hand while I control the bag. the downfall is the sealing bar gets hot after a few seals and it takes a minute to cool down, this doesn't normally present a problem unless i'm processing a deer, when I do it outside in cool weather it never slows down and It seems to pull a deeper vac in the cold air

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
About the same here. Things cooked that I vac sealed almost always reheated in SV hot tub. Comes almost same as first cook. Also vac seal a lot of raw meat with seasonings or marinade I intend to SV.

I use an LEM 1379 MaxVac 100, got for $62 on Amazon. Has worked great, with 8” and 11” roll stock. Usually only sealing a handful of bags at a time, no overheating issues.

JC in GB

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 28, 2018
I have the Cabela's Pro 15" vac sealer. Works good for the price.

JC :emoji_cat:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.