Newbie here, q's about popup adds.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Oceantoad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 26, 2022
I get having popup advertising on the web page. I feel that I'm missing a setting someplace. I have adds popping up all over my screen. It's annoying and hard to read posts when you have a window popping up in the middle of it all the time. Anyway around this?

It is very annoying. Much more on a phone than on a computer.

I finally smartened up and fixed the problem yesterday. Become a premier member and the ads go away. For $15/year, you'll never see an ad again. Not only are you giving back to the forum, but it will pay for itself eventually. You won't be throwing out any food, because it will all start to taste better.

It is very annoying. Much more on a phone than on a computer.

I finally smartened up and fixed the problem yesterday. Become a premier member and the ads go away. For $15/year, you'll never see an ad again. Not only are you giving back to the forum, but it will pay for itself eventually. You won't be throwing out any food, because it will all start to taste better.
Thanks Nate, can't beat that price. I didn't even see it offered. Will definitely sign up later today. Thanks again.

Become a premier member and the ads go away. For $15/year, you'll never see an ad again

I never really got hammered with the ads but as much time as I spend here and as much as I've learned, I felt it was more than worthwhile to help the forum. Dropped the $100 for Lifetime Premier and it turned out to be the best $100 I've ever spent.Maybe try the one year membership, determine if you're gonna be here regularly, then maybe spring for Lifetime.

Robert

Guaranteed for that you will get $15 worth of value 20 times or more over. Great place to learn things. Is amazing to me how much I’ve learned here and well beyond smoking. Sous vide, cast iron and griddle, curing, fermenting and on an on. Amazing place.

I've done as Robert said and opted for the 1yr to "try it out". When my years up, I'm gonna spring for the life time.
Jim

Reactions: 912smoker
That's exactly what I was thinking when I decided to go with a paid membership. Getting rid of ads was only a bonus. I'm sure I'll go for the whole thing next year.

I've been learning so much here that I was starting to feel like a mooch. Still very much a rookie, so I don't have much to add to most threads. But at least I can contribute this way.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I decided to go with a paid membership. Getting rid of ads was only a bonus. I'm sure I'll go for the whole thing next year.

I've been learning so much here that I was starting to feel like a mooch. Still very much a rookie, so I don't have much to add to most threads. But at least I can contribute this way.
Thanks buddy. I'll look into it right away.

As stated above, give the membership a try for a year, and, if you use the site regularly, I'm betting you will go for the lifetime membership......By the way, welcome!

I'm a premier member because I mostly found the site unusable with ads. Not that I don't think the site is worth supporting by going premier, but if you use the site much, you really need to go premier and ditch the ads.

I did get the year membership and will be setting some dough aside for my Lifetime Membership next year. I understand that the ads are needed, but it's so nice to move around this site and not have them popping up all over. Thanks for the info guys.

Reactions: DougE
You won't be disappointed! Definitely worth the money!

I've done as Robert said and opted for the 1yr to "try it out". When my years up, I'm gonna spring for the life time.
Jim
I bet it's because of your son's bottomless pit and he won't let you leave...he might miss out on some good grub! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Now if someone would develop an Android app for the forum, I would buy into that too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky