Newbie here from Pa and need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokyy

Original poster
Aug 27, 2020
Looking to start smoking here and wanted to get an electric smoker But after reading reviews I have a headache already lol. Was looking at the dyno glo 30 and Pitt boss series 3 and wanted to use it for deer bologna and briskets . Also for ham and turkey for the holidays. Any help from someone that have used either one of them would be greatly appreciated

Reactions: kruizer
welcome from northeast pa, i have a mes 30 so i won't be any help but i'm sure you'll get some answers.

welcome from northeast pa, i have a mes 30 so i won't be any help but i'm sure you'll get some answers.
Thanks I live in the north east also. Was looking at these too but was worried about the control panel issues they seem to have

Thanks I live in the north east also. Was looking at these too but was worried about the control panel issues they seem to have
mines about 6 years old and still runs strong, where abouts in the northeast, i'm in susquehanna county.

I have a Pit Boss. I've used it for over a year and must say that when this goes out likely won't get another. The concept is great, but there seems to be a quirk with the auger system they have. Hopper holds 60 lbs of pellets, but put too many in and it doesn't want to feed. And by too many I mean anything over 10 lbs. Not a deal breaker, but it's annoying to constantly check to see if it turned itself off every 15 minutes. If I'm going to do that, I should just get a stick burner.

I have a Pit Boss. I've used it for over a year and must say that when this goes out likely won't get another. The concept is great, but there seems to be a quirk with the auger system they have. Hopper holds 60 lbs of pellets, but put too many in and it doesn't want to feed. And by too many I mean anything over 10 lbs. Not a deal breaker, but it's annoying to constantly check to see if it turned itself off every 15 minutes. If I'm going to do that, I should just get a stick burner.
If you bought it recently they come with a 5 year warranty, why don't you contact somebody about it, my son has had 1 for close to 2 years now without the first problem

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky