• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie Gonna Build a UDS

burn-it

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 10, 2010
I found this on Craigs List for $15.  Seems like this guy always has a stock.  He says they are food grade.  The inside is painted but, is it a liner? In any case, it's gonna be a @#$% to get it clean!

les3176

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 10, 2009
Yeah it looks like paint i would try to sand blast it if you can.Get most of it out before your burn out,There will be more along soon to help ya i'm sure. I've got 10 drums sitting waiting for better weather!

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
Yup that's a liner. Being in San Diego you might get the fire dept. out if you try burning it.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 22, 2010
Yea in California you are gonna need to get a wire wheel out to grind that liner off

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Now there are alot of folks out there that have built the UDS's they are really easy and you don't need much more then some drill bits and some Stainless nuts and bolts and a few brass ball valves and you'll be smokin...........

burn-it

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 10, 2010
Well.  Should Burn, sandblast then paint or sandblast, burn then paint?

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.