Newbie from Northern Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rocking416

Original poster
Oct 8, 2016
Alexandria Virginia
Hello my name is Daniel I am a newbie from Northern Virginia.  I just purchased a Dyna-Glo DGW1235BDP-D Wide body propane gas smoker.   Never smoked anything before but figured i would give it a try.    From what it sounds like i should have done some more re search on my smoker.  i see it does not have good ratings on this forum

Hello Daniel and welcome to you.

Glad you're here on this great site.

Don't worry about your smoker, you've got it now, there are folks here

that will help you get it right.

Pictures of your smokes are good things.

Ed

I had it smoking pretty good yesterday for the first time. I figured I would season it. I heated it to like 400 degrees for about 45 minutes than turned it off cooled it down. Soaked some hickory wood chips in water for 30 minutes and filled the chip box added watter to the water pan. It took about 20 min. I had plenty of smoke. I found out quickly I only need to use one burner. With one burner on low it maintains 210 degrees.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky