Newbie from MO

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

coachgt

Original poster
Nov 23, 2017
Hey everybody,

I picked up a 40" Masterbuilt Electric Smoker over Black Friday from Academy. Looking forward to trying it out and learning as I go. Already learned a ton from this site. I plan on buying an AMNPS before doing my first smoke. I've been reading ton on the MES page, huge help already!

I'm located in SW Missouri. I teach High School Business classes and coach football.

Reactions: KCowTown
Welcome to the board! For learning a new smoker, many of us suggest chicken parts as they're cheap and quick and you can learn your rig.

welcome! I am in SWMO also, springfield area. I picked up a pit boss 820 a couple weeks ago and its awesome, good luck with the electric rig.

Reactions: KCowTown
MO in the house! Just picked up a Louisiana 900 a few weeks back, already have fiance threatening to go vegetarian... oops! Done three whole briskets, jerky was amazing (eye of round), and meatloaf was by far the best.. thats actually how i stumbled across this site. Place rocks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky