Newbie from Central Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brian11B

Original poster
Mar 2, 2021
Thanks for having me. I stumbled across this site this afternoon while researching pork belly and bacon and haven't left it. There is a lot of great info here, that I will be putting to use. I have smoked the usual suspects, but this site will definitely help improve my game.

Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. As you've noticed there is lots of great info here and if you don't find what your looking for just ask and somebody will be glad to help you out. What kind of smoker are you using as you can guess our members use a lot of different kinds. Don't forget to post a thread on your pork belly and bacon we like pictures. Have fun and happy smoking

Reactions: Brian11B
Welcome to SMF glad you joined us. As you've noticed there is lots of great info here and if you don't find what your looking for just ask and somebody will be glad to help you out. What kind of smoker are you using as you can guess our members use a lot of different kinds. Don't forget to post a thread on your pork belly and bacon we like pictures. Have fun and happy smoking
Thanks for the welcome. I am using a Masterbuilt MES 130P. I had this for about a year and it seems to work pretty well.
The pork belly was going to go on the smoker this morning, but we had a line of storms push through because of the cold front. I am also waiting on an Amazon delivery with a smoker tube. That is one flaw that I've found with the Masterbuilt...smoking at low temp. Hopefully the smoker tube remedies this.
I will definitely post pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky