Newbie from British Columbia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jbobs

Original poster
Hi everyone, my name is Jessi, I live in Prince Rupert, BC. On the Northwest coast just south of the Alaskan Panhandle.

If I had to guess my elevation, maybe a couple hundred feet? I can see the ocean from my house at any rate. Climate is very wet, rainy, and temperate - mild winters, cool summers.

I am using a Big Chief and have virtually no smoking experience at this point. I am hoping to use my smoker to make jerkies, smoke salmon (we have A LOT of salmon around here) and flavor game meat and eggs.

The main meat I will be working with will be deer, moose, quail, grouse, quail eggs, salmon, occasionally home-grown beef and chicken, and occasionally wild duck and goose.

I raise quail as a hobby so always have lots of them hanging around, and lots of eggs.

I am hoping to look into recipes that are lower sodium if possible, and would be interested in learning how to make low-fat pepperoni as well. I really like the peperoni that my parents get made with their pastured beef but I would like to know how much fat and salt is going into it. I'm trying to find healthier snacks than store-bought.

I enjoy hunting and fishing as well.

Welcome Jess! I know there are a few other folks on here that use the Cheif. You should get some more replies to your other post soon I would bet and there are quite a few western canadians that are members as well. Hope your first smoke goes well today. Timber.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

nice to see another WEST COASTER on here...

im just down the road from ya in TERRACE. YOU WILL BE DOING ALOT MORE THAN JUST JERKY, SALMON AND PEPPERONI !!!!!

this site is addicting. you will ne makin pulled pork, all kinds of sausage ... i have even done cheese, mac & cheese to die for, nuts, scalloped spuds, and got chickens in the smoker today  :0)

all the recipes from here....
and you will be building a bigger smoker too ...  HA HA HA

Welcome you are going to love this site anything you need to know. About smoking these guys and gals are great always willing to help.Good luck and don't be afraid to ask, someone will have the answer. CHEERS!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky