• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newb in the forum

coreysalery

Joined Nov 14, 2010
Howdy all,

I am a new member to the forum but I have been lurking for a while.. I felt it would be better to join so I could contribute to the forum. I love the assistance I get from topics posted here and from the e letters I receive from Jeff.. I just finished my first smoked turkey on my WSM 22.5 and it came out great.. I am posting a Qview to start this thing off right..

I didnt have time to brine so I injected it with my rub chicken stock and a little molasses. I put some apple slices in the cavity and laid maple bacon across the breast once it was breast up in the smoker.

Hope you enjoy,

Corey

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Welcome to SMF Corey. Thats the way to introduce yourself. Looks like the turkey came out great.

bassman

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 15, 2007
Welcome to the forum, Corey.  Good looking bird.  I'd like to try the WSM one day (maybe for Christmas).

bbally

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 24, 2007
Anyone that trusses so the bird does not look like a three dollar hooker when it comes off the grill is good with me!

Fabrication is the difference between "its good" and WOW!

Last edited:

rdknb

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 23, 2010
Welcome to SMF and wow nice smoke

Warren

thebarbequeen

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 22, 2010
Anyone that trusses so the bird does not look like a three dollar hooker when it comes off the grill is good with me!

LOL!! but he's right!  worth the time it takes every time.

coreysalery

Joined Nov 14, 2010

LMAO yeah I like a good looking piece of meat..

richoso1

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 21, 2007
Welcome tot he SMF, and thanks for the Q View. it looks like a great smoke went off at your place. It's all good my friend.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2009
What a way to start off here, nice job on that buzzard and welcome.
Learned the buzzard term yesterday and still laughing.

smokingnd

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Welcome to SMF, that is a beautiful buzzard.  I didn't think that term would still bring you enjoyment meateater.  LOL  Hope you enjoy this site Corey I know I do.

beer-b-q

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined May 1, 2007

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

First off Welcome Corey to SMF. Now your bird looks awesome and you will sure fit right in here. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.