New York Strip Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sqwib

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 25, 2007
Philadelphia
New York Strip Steak

My daughter was home from college for Christmas break and for her first meal home we always do a nice steak and potato dinner, must be the Irish in her.

The wife unit was off to the store and said, "London Broil" is on sale, I said, "absolutely not, look for rib-eye or Strip instead", well she comes home with some NY Strip... awesome.

The family request was for my Cheddar Bacon Twice Baked potato, I actually prefer the Ranch Bacon one I make, anyhow this time I used sour cream in the potato in place of the half and half... much better.

The kids have been loving these twice baked potatoes since I've been making them with my new Cuisinart Prep Plus Food Processor.

And another family favorite is the Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit.

Its a good feeling when your kids are excited over you making dinner as opposed to ordering a pizza.

The more I cook meat on cast Iron, the more I prefer it over the grill.

11420985036_466ab4dd2d_c.jpg

I just had to try out the new serving plate my Brother and SIL got me.

• NY Strip
  • Twice Baked Bacon Cheddar Potato
  • Baked Potato, sour cream and Butter
  • Greens with Balsamic Vinegar
  • Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit
  • Glass of wine
A few pics

11421145413_b093a657f4_c.jpg

11421142543_f1c1c06d3e_c.jpg

11421000884_1aef1abd1c_c.jpg

11421129693_959e376587_c.jpg

Woohoo, my plate!

11420947225_85b499c23d_c.jpg

Oh yeah...looks awesome. Just saw the market ad today...local market selling Strip roasts for 3.47 a pound......me thinks I'll be cutting some fat steaks off that chunk o'beef for future meals...Willie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky