• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Years Eve Venison Backstraps

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
A few trimmed up venison backstraps.

-----

Venison backstraps seasoned with Tatonka Dust.

-----

Smoked the venison backstraps with oak at 150º for about an hour, then pulled them to raise the grill temperature to 500º and grilled them to an internal temperature of 125º.

-----

The internal meat temperature then kept climbing after removed from the grill more than usual and the backstraps were done a tad more than we prefer.

-----

Here is the backstrap sliced.

-----

Venison backstraps seasoned with Tatonka Dust, smoked with oak and plated with shrimp seasoned with Feiny's Chesapeake Bay and mixed veggies. Even a tad overdone than we prefer, the backstraps and everything was delicious!

Thanks for looking!

mr big d

Fire Starter
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 19, 2012
Looks vary good , tender loins and back straps are the best part. And your right you don't want to over cook them

MBD

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Awesome Straps!  Perfectly cooked! 

snorkelinggirl

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 15, 2012
Looks great, Owen! I'll be cooking backstrap on Friday night for dinner, and I'm always on the lookout for ways to prepare it. Thanks for sharing!

Happy New Year!
Clarissa

woodcutter

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 2, 2012
Those loins look great! I ordered some Q mats over the holidays and a bottle of Tatonka Dust came with it. I tried it for the first time last week end on some rib eyes and it is off the hook! I'll be ordering some more soon.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined May 30, 2007
I ordered some Q mats over the holidays and a bottle of Tatonka Dust came with it. I tried it for the first time last week end on some rib eyes and it is off the hook! I'll be ordering some more soon.
Great to hear your liking the flavor of Tatonka Dust Woodcutter!

bertman

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 27, 2013
Really nice smoke ring on those straps, but I'm with you: those are a little overdone. Not that it would stop me from enjoying them!

olmy

Joined Aug 21, 2013
Looks Great! I know where I should have spent new years eve!

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.