New Visitors to the Bear’s Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Great share Bear! If only more people in this world appreciated the solitude and miracles of nature, maybe we wouldn't have all the dumb ass BS going on now..............

I love the pictures but I also know the damage that they can do, I'd watch them for a few days then run them off as well.

I don't think they'll stay long.
We've only seen one run by twice since I last mowed. I mow about 20 feet from where I think their Den was. I don't think they like that.
While we were "Sheltered in Place" and not mowing, it was pretty quiet around here, and they thought the place was kinda deserted. Now there's more going on at The Bear's Den!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: forktender
You should be good then John, just don't wait until they eat the other critters around your Den........LOL

Great share Bear! If only more people in this world appreciated the solitude and miracles of nature, maybe we wouldn't have all the dumb ass BS going on now..............

Thank You Much!!
I was kinda raised in the Sticks, by the most Avid Hunter & Fisherman I've ever known.
It certainly wouldn't hurt if more people had that chance to enjoy Nature's Gifts.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Last edited:
Reactions: Jabiru
You should be good then John, just don't wait until they eat the other critters around your Den........LOL

Thank You Sir!!
The only thing we've noticed been missing is the 2 Rabbit count we've averaged for a few years.

Bear

New Visitors to the Bear’s Den

I had to show you guys these Pics!
I’ve showed you all a lot of Pics of the Deer who practically live in my yards, and the Huge Flocks of Wild Turkeys that stroll through frequently.
However other than the occasional lone Fox trotting through, we never had a whole Fox Family actually living here.

I think the Den is about 20 feet down a little path to the other side of a blow-down.
I can’t see the far side of the Blow-Down from my yard, and I’m not going in to look, because I don’t want to disturb them. We enjoy watching them.

They are easiest to see from our bedroom windows, which is where I took these Pictures from.

We used to see 2 adults now & then, but since the Pups started showing up, we never see both Adults with the Pups.
We don’t know if something happened to one of the adults, or if it’s normal for maybe the male to take off sometime after the Births.

The little guys are crazy, just like Fawns, as they sometimes run as fast as they can, back & forth, like they’re Nuts.
And sometimes one will just drop over & stretch out, and seems to be taking a nap, until the other one comes over & bugs him!! Then they chase each other around some more!
They really are fun to watch!!

I’m glad I got these Pics when I did, because we haven’t seen any of them for a few days now.
We used to see these 3 a few times a day, for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden they stopped showing up.

Enjoy The Pics!!!

Bear

Two Fox Pups. Note: Path into Blow-down on right end of picture:
View attachment 447508

Mom & 2 Pups just laying around, enjoying the rare Sun, in Bear's Back Yard:
View attachment 447509

Wait for us, Mom!!!
View attachment 447510

Hmmm Why is this stone on the surface???
View attachment 447511

Uh Oh---Somebody ran outta gas!!
View attachment 447512
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing

Nice pics John, we also have allot of wild critters living and roaming around the area. However in our neighborhood there are to many dogs so they tend to stay on the outskirts. Our cameras have caught coydogs and coyotes patrolling the streets in the middle on the night.

Chris

Nice pics John, we also have allot of wild critters living and roaming around the area. However in our neighborhood there are to many dogs so they tend to stay on the outskirts. Our cameras have caught coydogs and coyotes patrolling the streets in the middle on the night.

Chris

Thank You Chris!
Everybody has dogs around here too, but they're all either in pens or inside, and they never run loose, unattended. Bear Jr has a Chocolate Lab, but he has electric fence all the way around, which also keeps him out of the pond. I've never personally seen any coyotes, but I don't go outside at night. Bear Jr sees them when he takes Diesel out at night.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky