New Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 16, 2009
Summerville, SC
The wife and I were doing some shopping at Costco when we came by this wheeler-dealer peddling Traeger grills. I said "watch this, this guy is going to try and sell me a pellet smoker. Now keep in mind, I have shown these to her before at a sporting goods store and when she saw the price, she said, "dream on" which is her standard no-way!

So the guy pinned me a man's man and started his routine. I was watching him actually pitch this thing to my wife while talking to me. He was stating how fun it is for kids to learn... blah blah blah, etc. I had no intention on buying a pellet smoker but she wanted one for her to use to get ribs, chickens, etc. done a little earlier in the day. She's ok at best with a grill but has no idea how work the UDS or the kettle with charcoal. So she's hooked. 

We ended up with the Century 22 for $699.00. I think that's about $100 off retail but I haven't looked into it. I had no intention of getting an electric smoker of any kind but I was NOT going to let this opportunity to buy one without argument slip by.

Now I have a new implement to learn..

Congratulations on that nice clean new shiny smoker.

I can see good things coming out of this.

Mrs. Pit cooking the 'que while you drink beer. 
biggrin.gif

May you have many great and fun smokes on her.

Ed

Congrats on the newest addition to your arsenal!

It's cool that your wife will be smoking stuff too.

My wife doesn't have a clue how to use any of my smokers.

She's a tremendous cook, but when it's cooked outside it's automatically my job!

Al

Congrats on the newest addition to your arsenal!

It's cool that your wife will be smoking stuff too.

My wife doesn't have a clue how to use any of my smokers.

She's a tremendous cook, but when it's cooked outside it's automatically my job!

Al
I'm in the same boat with Al.
Will be nice having a smoker you and the wife can use.
Enjoy your new smoker!!

I'm in the same boat with Al.
Will be nice having a smoker you and the wife can use.
Enjoy your new smoker!!
Especially since 80-90 percent of our proteins are done outside. I'm not going to be on the hook everyday after work!

Congrats on the nice new unit! I would agree that any time a new toy can be had without argument is a good deal!

I'm sort of with Al. The smokers are all my job, but my wife knows her way around the gas grill! Not sure if she'll ever get into the smokers but time will tell.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky