New Traeger Timberline 850 Problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For that I amount I would return and get either the rectec or yoder...especially with this kind of service. But I get it, you made a decision and want to see it through.

I am willing to accept there can be a problem with a unit. That is why there is a warranty. I did a lot of research and the Timberline had good reviews and lots of features. I still want those features so I am prepared to give their fix a try. That being said, I am not happy with their lack of concern for the inconvenience their product has caused me. Fingers crossed.

I would have to call them back and work my way up the .org chart until someone offered some actual customer service. Really seems atrocious to me they offered nothing beyond sending a replacement part.

Was just gonna say the same thing... keep calling until you get satisfaction...

Thanks for the suggestion, guys. I have done that in the past. However, in this case, I decided to post here, on my social media feeds and my blog which is my response to their lack of consideration. If the fix doesn't work, there will be more actions.

I just google'd the 850. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. I'd be about one tick from loading that puppy up and shipping it back for a refund. You could go any of 3 different ways (other cookers) and be better off if this is Traegers' best product/service? I hope this works out for you. Watching....

Thanks! The most frustrating part isn't that there is a problem with the new grill, it is that they just don't seemed concerned with the inconvenience their faulty product caused. I will wait and see if with hopes of better results.

Wow! disco I am so sorry. I am mad and frustrated just reading this.

Thank. Me too.

I am guessing this was an online purchase that was delivered to you???? Most credit card company's have some sort of purchase protection.

Sadly, they do not ship this model to Canada. You have to buy it at a dealer. The good news is the local dealer has a sterling reputation and if I have to return it I hope he will be cooperative. The bad news is that he is a 3 hour drive away so I hope it doesn't get to that!

I'd be mad too but any product can have a dud and would rather it happen under warranty vs after, hope they are spot on about whats wrong, seems 1/2 the folks I deal with have no idea whats wrong and have to go ask somebody else. good luck on getting the parts quick and i'm sure it will be fine soon. I'd try some Lumber Jack pellets after you get it running right. have tried several brands and really not found any bad just some better than others.

I really appreciate your optimism. I am feeling a little frustrated buy you are likely right. The part will work and all will be well with the world.

Disco sorry to hear that,as others have said try getting someone on the top of the ladder.MES is the same sending parts out
Richie

Thanks, Richie. I am keeping my powder dry in case the new fan doesn't do the trick. Then there will be more contact at higher levels.

Hopefully once this kink is worked out she be set up for the long haul. Everyone likes dogging Traeger, but I still think they put out a solid product.

I am glad to hear you say that. My preference is that the fix works and I can get to doing what I really like, smoking meat.

Sorry to hear Disco, A pellet grill is in my distant future.

Even if they threw me a container or two of their rub and a coffee mug, I’d be pretty happy, I’m easy to please....but to spend beaucoup bucks on something, you expect it to perform at the price point you paid for it.

I had my last one for 3 years and I really like the convenience of a pellet grill. I just hope I can get this new one dialed in.

Send it back and by a high dollar stick burner. No BS to deal with. Just my view.

I agree! Steel, wood, fire, meat. What's not to like? RAY

Thanks, Hawging It, and sawhorsey. There are two problems with stick burners. First, I live in the Canadain Rockies and there is little hardwood around here. Getting fuel is expensive and difficult. Second, I am butt lazy! I like the convenience of a pellet grill.

Hope things work out for you Disco. If they won't extend the warranty, I would have a hard time not returning it and just turn around and buy another one. It's a case of principal and doing what's right on Traegers part. Customer satisfaction should be top of the list.
I did look at them this.weekend, looks Like a quality unit( not personally a traeger fan).

I have the older Timberline 1300 model and I have had very good experience with Traeger customer service. I had the WiFi in the controller go bad and they sent me a new controller to replace it. I fortunately didn't loose any grilling time because the controller worked fine, except for the WiFi, so i could keep grilling while I waited for the new controller. I really like my 1300 and when you get your 850 working properly I think you will really like it.

Sorry to hear aboot this Disco. Traeger should take a page out of the old Yvon Lambert Dorian suit commercials - and provide customer satisfaction with NO (H)assholes. Best of luck, and I hope this is the fix.

Chris

Hope things work out for you Disco. If they won't extend the warranty, I would have a hard time not returning it and just turn around and buy another one. It's a case of principal and doing what's right on Traegers part. Customer satisfaction should be top of the list.
I did look at them this.weekend, looks Like a quality unit( not personally a traeger fan).

Thanks. They did reach out to me and seem to be stepping up to try and fix the problem. I have a new fan coming and fingers are crossed.

Sorry to hear aboot this Disco. Traeger should take a page out of the old Yvon Lambert Dorian suit commercials - and provide customer satisfaction with NO (H)assholes. Best of luck, and I hope this is the fix.

Chris

Thanks. They do seem to be interested in fixing my problems. I am getting a new fan and I hope it does the trick.

I have the older Timberline 1300 model and I have had very good experience with Traeger customer service. I had the WiFi in the controller go bad and they sent me a new controller to replace it. I fortunately didn't loose any grilling time because the controller worked fine, except for the WiFi, so i could keep grilling while I waited for the new controller. I really like my 1300 and when you get your 850 working properly I think you will really like it.

I really appreciate this. I was worried. They have now reached out and are seeming supportive but hearing your experience is reassuring.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky