New Traeger Grills 2022

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow...I guess they bill it as an outdoor cook station. Lots of accessories (ie meater, induction cook top) but very pricey.

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
I am perfectly happy with my T-1300 which cost about 1/2 as much. I don't need an induction top permanently attached as I alredy have two (2) I can use anywhere :)

Reactions: negolien
these smokers that try to do it all do it all half as good as it should- not that I have seen this grill of course but just a general opinion

That’s crazy, you get into that price range and you may as well get a Lang! I’m with masssmoke masssmoke . I have a Traeger and it does well for what it is, but all the extra stuff always reminds me of Swiss Army knives, they kind of do a lot OK, but I’d rather have a good knife when I need a knife, good scissors when I need scissors, etc.

these smokers that try to do it all do it all half as good as it should- not that I have seen this grill of course but just a general opinion

I dunno... I suppose it's kind of what you're looking for. If it's full smoke and you like tending fires for hours on end then, yeah, sure, by all means, cut a 55-gallon drum in half and go full nutty on it. That'll work..

Me? Gimme some automation! I don't mind wisps of smoke flavor on everything I cook outside. As long as it does everything that I need.

I can say this, though, I sure am jealous of the man who can shoot some game, bring it home, and smoke it up right. And have an acquired taste to appreciate it. THAT'S living!

I have the Weber SmokeFire and am happy as a claim with it so far. After only a handful of cooks. Everybody lives differently and I love that.

Murph

I won't be buying one either, although I did really like my PRO575 (my brother now has it, after I got the Chargriller 980). I don't think this is intended to appeal to the average backyard griller, but might be popular with people putting in a high-end luxury outdoor kitchen.
It does have some nice features. If the grease and ash pot design is good, that would be nice to have on a lower end unit. The PAL rail is pretty nice. Although I'd rather it come with the front shelf than two little bamboo side shelves...
Like GrumpyGriller, I'd rather have a truly portable induction cooktop. So many to choose from that are inexpensive, full featured, and you can put it where you want, beside the grill, left or right or anywhere else you might need it.
At $3500-3800 plus more for accessories, if I had just bought a Gen1 Timberline I don't think I would have buyers remorse.

This thing looks pretty nice but that price is bonkers. But hey, if someone can afford it and wants it that's cool.

One other thought since I follow what is going on in the pool/outdoor living space. During covid there has been a huge demand for pools/outdoor living space construction. I think they are going for this market. I agree that is a bit pricey.

Thats crazy. No way I would spend that on Traeger and I have had a few that worked well
Right!? Not to offend anyone, but seems like those top end ones are not marketed to real pellet heads trying to replicate a stick burning experience. If I am spending that much, I would just go up a bit and get a Lone Star pellet grill. Those really seem to be the gold standard. Nothing wrong with these but not the direction I would go in spending that much on a pellet smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky