New to these parts from Oklahoma!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokiePokie

Original poster
Aug 12, 2018
Central-ish Oklahoma
Hey all,

I’ve used advice from SMF off and on since December of last year when I got my MES 40. Figured I’ve lurked long enough and it was time for me to go ahead and join up! Have to run now as I have a couple of whole chickens smoking as we speak, but I look forward to talking smoked meats and such with y’all!

Here’s one of the birds. The other didn’t last long enough to get its picture taken!

Attachments

• 4A5CD1DA-5CD9-4B58-9D14-BE98B6E8518A.jpeg
    4A5CD1DA-5CD9-4B58-9D14-BE98B6E8518A.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Smkryng
Good looking bird. You know you did it right when they go that quick!

Welcome to the site glad you decided to join. Your bird looks mighty fine to me.

Chris

Thanks guys, the birds were great! The only question I have is the skin was a little rubbery. It browned up beautifully as you can see in the pictures but was super chewy. I was hoping for a little more crispy skin. Any suggestions on how to resolve that? I lightly rubbed it with oil and my rub before putting it on hoping that would crisp the skin. I ate the skin because it tasted great, it just was hard to chew!

You either have to form a real good pellicle, crisp it up on a grill/broiler, or cook it up at a heat higher then 325*.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky