New to the Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinabq

Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
Hello to everyone! I joined the forum to try and soak up some knowledge as well as try to share a little. I recieved a GOSM from my wife for my birthday and it is my first true smoker. I have made many a shoulders and briskets on traditional grills with smoke but am very excited to have a pure smoker to cook meat on. (really hard to smoke enough brisket for 18 people on a Weber!) I am planning on smoking some beef and baby back ribs this weekend so I will look around and see what tips I can find. I live in Albuquerque NM with my wife, and usually when we bbq we have friends from all over town that drop in. Been smoking on the traditional grils for about 4 years but as I said am new to the pure smoker world.

Eric

Eric, Welcome to SMF from a fellow GOSM user! You have come to the right place to learn the art of the Thin Blue Smoke. Lots of good tips and advice to be found in these pages and folks willing to share their knowledge. If you can't find an answer to your questions the the Forums, just ask and someone will get back to you.

Since your new to smoking, check out the 5-day eCourse, it has a lot of good info to get your started.

Hello Eric,
I would like to WELCOME you to the SMF. This site is full of lots of great information!! Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!! You will learn alot.
I have never attempted to smoke something on a grill. How long did it take you to smoke that brisket?

BTW--How is the weather in NM?

Cooked the brisket with indirect heat for about 6hrs. then wraped in foil and continued to cook for about 3 more hours, i used a Shiner Bock (texas beer) mop that we really enjoy. took it off the heat and let it rest in the foil about another hour before we carved it. We thought it came out great the beer we drank during the 10 hr cooking proccess may have had alot to do with that!
The weather here has been good big storms every night cooling us down really nicely. Had some big hail the other night but i enjoy the storms.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky