New to the forum from Michigan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jonok

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Feb 4, 2019
Michigan, and points north
i am new to the forum, but I’ve been smoking (generally doing things wrong) since I was a kid.

Started out with a direct charcoal (coal just poured into the
bottom with a cleanout door on the a ide opposite the motor/angle drive) 280 oil-drum with a whole hog rotisserie that I inherited from my dad (now defunct) and went on to a side stick burner that has undergone many “upgrades” of varying success over its life.
I’ve been preferentially using Masterbuilt electrics for the past ten years or so, (started out of laziness/sleep deprivation and liked the results enough that currently on number 3) and I wish I’d have found this place before.

People are solving problems here that I didn’t even know enough to realize I had.

I look forward to an ongoing education by the folks on the board, I appreciate it!

Jim

Last edited:
Welcome to SMF from NW Georgia. You have come to a happy place! Lots of MES users around this place and some of them unlike myself know a good bit of useful info!

Weedeater

Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join up

Chris

Good Morning and Welcome from a Beautiful Chilly and Sunny Day here in East Texas

Gary

Welcome to SMF as you have already seen there is a lot of useful info and help on here. We like photos of your cooks.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky