new to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokincowboy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 29, 2007
between Columbus/Dayton Ohio
just got a smokeymountian closet smoker (gas) never smoked before so this is all new been lerking for a while and like what I see I have made some jerky (not in a smoker) cant smoke till spring 17 deg f here in OH. today... thanks all

hi, and welcome to SMF. have you signed up for jeff's 5 day e-course? lots of good info there. enjoy your stay here, and don't be scared to ask questions in the appropiate sections.

Hi smokincowboy and welcome to the SMF . Youv'e come to the right place to get ton's of great information to start you smoking!!

I also own a GOSM (great outdoors smokey mountain gasser) and love it. We cook year round here in michigan. You'll be suprised how well it keeps it's temperature, even in the cold. Wind seams to effect it more but there's even things you can do about that :D

Again Welcome!!!

Welcome smokincowboy, glad to have ya join the group. You will love it and learn to smoke the best tastin food ever :lol: I smoke year round no matter how cold it is.....but it never gets below 45 down in south FL :!: :shock:
wink.gif

smokincowboy -

Welcome! Don't let the temperatures hold you back my ECB held up until 5 degrees last weekend! From what I've seen your GOSM should do fine (you might freeze but it can take it)!

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. I am reading everything in here I can may try something soon well after this cold snap this weekend talking 0 deg. f . I am mid way between Dayton / Columbus here in Ohio.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky