New to smoking!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

farmeray

Original poster
Jan 12, 2016
I am new to smoking.  I am from Gainesville, GA.  When Bass Pro had a Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite smoker on sale, I decided to jump into the smoking process.  For about 30 years I have been making Cooked Salami using venison, elk and hamburger a long with pork.  While in Afghanistan, I even made it with beef and lamb instead of pork, to the delight of my Afghan employees.  Since I did not have a smoker in the past, my sausage was boiled in a stainless steel pain I had made for my sausage making hobby.  Well, I must say my first smoking experience was wonderful.  This batch of venison sausage turned out to be the best in my 30 year sausage making experience.  Can't wait to learn more about the smoking process.

Ray

Glad to have you with us Ray! Sounds like you have a lot to offer. Looking forward to seeing some of you work!

Al

Last edited:
The photos are of my recent batch of Venison Cooked Salami in my new smoker.  I use a recipe from a Michigan State University Wild game Publication.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky