New to smoking.

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by miller408, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Hi all my name is David and I am new to this site and new to smoking. I don't have a smoker yet but plan on building a fridge smoker as my first smoker.

I was intially going to buy a smoking-it model 3 but I stumbled across a fridge converted into a smoker and I knew that's what I needed to have as my smoker.

I figured if I am going to have a smoker it should be something that is going to last me a long time, and have adequate space to smoke what I want. I have been researching all I can about smokers and such but now I am ready to step up and build what I need and start making some good q.

2. mike5051

mike5051 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Welcome and good luck with that fridge smoker.  Post some pics during the build process.  

Mike

3. one eyed jack

one eyed jack Master of the Pit

Welcome to the site David.  I am signed on for pic's of your smoker build also.  [​IMG]

4. catfish1st

catfish1st Fire Starter

Welcome aboard, I'll be waiting on pic when you finish, good luck and happy smoking!

5. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome from SC, David. I'm sure you will enjoy this great site.

6. Thanks everyone. I been reading a lot for awhile now. Actually going to buy a fridge tomorrow to get started on my build and hopefully have it up and running soon.

7. Hey guys so I drove 100 miles to grab my fridge today so I decided on the GM fridge. Since it seemed to be in good condition and minor rust on the legs. So hopefully will start to tear apart tomorrow.

8. one eyed jack

one eyed jack Master of the Pit

Sweet!!  Looks like a good start to me.  [​IMG]