New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chrismtb

Original poster
Jan 14, 2014
I make a lot of sausage and charcuterie and I had been meaning to get into smoking meats for a while. I got a Masterbuilt electric 30" on sale today as something to get started with.  I'll probably get a charcoal smoker at some point too, but it was hard to pass up the really cheap sale price today.  I'll most likely modify the MES to run a PID, as I have some extra PIDs and SSRs sitting around from homebrew projects.  I like to tinker and work on electrical projects, so I think I'll have some fun modifying this cheap electric smoker.  

I'm excited to smoke some of my homemade sausages and to finally start smoking the bacon I make rather than cooking it in the oven. 

Hello, you will not regret joining this forum. These folks have a wealth of knowledge and will share with you. I have learned so much here I would not know where to start. Welcome, WHB

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi Chris...welcome to the group!  That MES will turn out some really good bbq.  Lots of members here use those rigs, so there's always plenty of info and advice when you need it.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky