New to smoking new to smf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brett Rollins

Original poster
Jan 19, 2018
Hello all i am new to all of this so looking for some good ideas. I have been wanting a smoker for a few years now and finally got a bradley electric smoker for christmas did a couple things so far did some ribs some chicken breast and bologna all turned out good chicken could have been better ribs were perfect. But could use some tips and ideas on other things to smoke what to prep them with and how long to smoke just about everything as i have never been around a smoker i am almost completely lost (dont know how my ribs turned out so well) any and all tips and ideas would be great

Welcome, Brett. I'm a newcomer myself. I got my MES 30 just before Thanksgiving. I've done a brisket and 2 pork shoulders. Both came out excellent. After research on this site on how to how to cook each item. The search icon is your friend. If you don't see it in Beef, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, etc search it. I'm sure there are recipes for chocolate cake on here, LOL! But yes, mac and cheese, marinades and rubs, there is a section for that. This is a very extensive site. Lots of info. Have fun and smoke 'em!

Welcome @BrettRollins to SMF lots of information from knowledgeable people who've been at it for years. If you utilize the /Search/ feature you'll find numerous topics on the different meats. Don't be afraid to ask any questions.

Welcome, Brett. I'm a newcomer myself. I got my MES 30 just before Thanksgiving. I've done a brisket and 2 pork shoulders. Both came out excellent. After research on this site on how to how to cook each item. The search icon is your friend. If you don't see it in Beef, Pork, Poultry, Seafood, etc search it. I'm sure there are recipes for chocolate cake on here, LOL! But yes, mac and cheese, marinades and rubs, there is a section for that. This is a very extensive site. Lots of info. Have fun and smoke 'em!

Oh Man. Smoked Bumpy Cake. It would be something to try. Cold smoking a chocolate bar and see how it affects the over all taste seems interesting.

Welcome Brett. You will enjoy this place. Awesome people here.

Thanks for the responses so far and as for the cheese i am saving up to buy the cold smoker attachment for the bradley to do cheese and eggs and such i know nothing about cureing if some one could explain that to me it would be great my dad does a lot of cold smoking so i will have lots of access to that info when i get the rest of my equipment but for now just trying some meats out got a turkey breast pork butt and some sausage ready to go on tomorrow and been looking at the fatty post and cant wait to try that out soon

One more thing any tips on cheese melt i tried some cheese stuffed bacon wrapped chicken breast but all the cheese melted out gummed up my smoker was a pain to clean up any advise

Welcome to the group. Look under the heading at the top of the page that says forum click on and stroll down it and you will find all the listings for just about anything. Lot of great guys and gals on here with tons of info.

Warren

You all got me excited and intrested in the fatties so i made a makeshift one and will see how it turns out got my first set out of the smoker a min ago will upload pics in a bit

Here is the turkey and sausage

Attachments

• 20180120_155716.jpg
    20180120_155716.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 24
Here is the pork butt turned out amazing

Attachments

• 20180120_172625.jpg
    20180120_172625.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 28
And here is my first try at a fatty pepperoni and cheese on one half and bacon and cheese on the other didnt come out perfect but didnt have bacon to wrap it in so it is a naked fatty

Attachments

• 20180120_190339.jpg
    20180120_190339.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 23
Any new member will have their first 10 posts held until a mod approves them. Keeps spam out of the forum. Sorry for the inconvenience

Any new member will have their first 10 posts held until a mod approves them. Keeps spam out of the forum. Sorry for the inconvenience
No worries just wondering and with how i am posting wont take long to hit 10 lol

Before you know it you'll be at a hundred posts +. And all of this will be forgotten. Enjoy this place. Nothing wrong with a naked fatty. Your other dishes look just as good. Remember to keep notes on your smokes. It helps to recreate the dishes that turned out the best. And remember that we have all had some failure starting out. You learn and progress forward. Lots of good insight from here.

No matter how experience you are you will still have some failures.

Warren
Before you know it you'll be at a hundred posts +. And all of this will be forgotten. Enjoy this place. Nothing wrong with a naked fatty. Your other dishes look just as good. Remember to keep notes on your smokes. It helps to recreate the dishes that turned out the best. And remember that we have all had some failure starting out. You learn and progress forward. Lots of good insight from here.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky