New to smoking in the Great UP

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

merriman west

Original poster
Oct 20, 2016
Hi. to everyone , my name is Sam Martinez and I am from iron mountain Michigan for anyone who might not know where that is , about two hours north of green bay Wisconsin. Just now getting into smoking and just tried my first pork butt WOW I have a masterbuilt 30 and so far it has worked as advertised , I am also using two oregon scientific meat temp probes. and am in deep discussion with local smokers .

Welcome Sam,

I grew up in Gladstone, MI and we have a hunting camp in in Powers, MI. I'll be heading back Nov 12 for deer season.  Been to the Norway races a few times as well.

I live in MN now and the company I work for acquired Boss Plows last year so we see a lot of people from your area coming here to visit.  Hope you have plenty of time on your hands cause this place has a lot of great info!

- MeatSweats

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky