New to smokin’

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The ribs look great! Welcome from WA State!

Pork Shoulder is a very forgiving meat for a beginner. They are delicious and best of all, one of the cheapest cuts you can find.
Just give it the time it needs and bring it all the way up to temp and probe tender.
There are many threads here on how to do it right. Here's a thread I did not too long ago showing my process.
(I usually use a thin coat of bbq sauce to help the rub stick. This smoke, I used Yoshida's. I couldn't really taste the Yoshida's, but it was a fun experiment. Otherwise, that's how I do it all the time).

It turned out great and the wife loved it.

Good Luck!

The ribs look great! Welcome from WA State!

Pork Shoulder is a very forgiving meat for a beginner. They are delicious and best of all, one of the cheapest cuts you can find.
Just give it the time it needs and bring it all the way up to temp and probe tender.
There are many threads here on how to do it right. Here's a thread I did not too long ago showing my process.
(I usually use a thin coat of bbq sauce to help the rub stick. This smoke, I used Yoshida's. I couldn't really taste the Yoshida's, but it was a fun experiment. Otherwise, that's how I do it all the time).

It turned out great and the wife loved it.

Good Luck!

Thanks! I’ll have to give that a shot. I’ve done so much since the ribs. Whole chickens, chicken quarters, tri tip just to say a few. I think so far anything chicken is our favorite on the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky