New to smoke and new to forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tundra smoke

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
The Tundra
I thought I should join the fray and say hello. I have been contemplating a smoker since a trip to Austin (The Ironworks) a couple years ago. Smoking is gaining popularity here in the Tundra (Canada LOL) for the most part we would just haul out the Barbeque and toss on a few dogs or some steaks. My boss after hearing me talk about a smoker went out and bought me a GOSM for breaking a sales record. I am now the proud owner of a Stainless Smoker (The new Stainless Model Costco Canada came up with)

I plan on seasoning it sometime this week with plans to toss a rack or two of Baby Backs on this weekend. I have read all the posts in the "Propane Smokers" forum and have come away with a few great tips/hints. I'm sure I'll be asking questions in the not so distant future.

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. You can find a lot of information on the smoker you have, so if you have questions, ASK THEM.

Tell us of the good cooks, and the bad ones. We share in both the joys and the failures. If nothing else, we help to keep the failure count low. Hope you enjoy smoking up some meats, and wait till you start smoking vegies...You know that stuff meat eats.

Thanks for the welcome. My wife hails from Long Beach. Funny you should mention something other than meat. I was sitting here pondering what a smoked banana would be like (I have made barbequed banana splits)

Welcome to SMF Tundra Smoke and congrats on breaking that sales record. I hope you love your new GOSM as much as I love mine. I hope that you get a chance to check out tulsajeff's 5-day eCourse. It has a lot of good info there to get you started off right.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky