New To SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rubbin butts

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
Lake City, Florida
   Good morning to all. I joined SMF 4 weeks ago and finally decided to get involved. Living in North Central Florida, we have the perfect climate to smoke delicious eats year round.

I currently own an MES 30, but also building a 6' rottisserie unit, trailer mounted, very similar to a Southern Yankee unit. I've got the smoker ready to apply high temp paint, then build the trailer for it.

I must say, in the past 4 weeks of surfing SMF, I have seriously improved my knowledge base when it comes to smoking some great eats. In fact, I have a smoke going right now consisting of 2- Boston Butts, several Chicken Breasts, scrumtious BBQ Beans, and 4 Cheese Mac & Cheese. Can't hardly wait!!! I'll post the Q-view later today.

Welcome, I love this site. People on here are very helpful. I've learned alot from here.

Looking forward to the Qview!

Also, you might want to see this thread.. we have a N. Florida gathering coming up April 8-10 not too far from you.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Jeff, got your rub and sauce recipies yesterday. Trying them on our smoke today.

I hope to attend the N FL Gathering, but not sure yet, I've got alot going right now. But we are enjoying the forum with all the great info.

welcome1.gif

You're gonna like it here.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Ok Guys, Here's the Qview.

I used Jeff's Rub and Sauce recipies, plus SoFlQuer's finishing sauce recipe.

These guys know what their talking about when it comes to Que.

73a7c65c_100_0937.jpg

Someone snitched some Mac & Cheese!!!!

c4f0e636_100_0936.jpg

31b693e3_100_0938.jpg

Bark, Bark, and more Bark!!!!!

19e78ebf_100_0940.jpg

I'm Fixin Ta Eat!!!!

069d421e_100_0942.jpg

Wow!! Look at the Bark.

84c76518_100_0939.jpg

Everything looks AWESOME !!!!!!

Beautiful Bark!!

Did you find out who ripped off the Mac & Cheese?   
police2.gif

Are there any suspects? ---Any leads?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky