• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to pellet grills/smokers

goldmine1965

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 9, 2015
Hello from Iowa. I just got back from purchasing a Green Mountain Daniel Boone grill. Not the WIFI version. Dealer and I agree it was not worth the added cost. Got it for $549 plus he threw in a 28lb bag of Texas blend pellets and a $10 pack of various rubs. I have a electric Masterbuilt 30, but was not enjoying it. I tried using a aftermarket pellet smoke generator (AMNPS), but could not get the pellets to stay lit. Also did not like our Nexgrill gas grill. So thought to solve both problems and get a pellet grill. Did not find many negative reviews, so I went for it. I'll read the instructions and get this bad boy going soon. Cheers

Goldmine

Last edited:

kylem4711

Joined Jul 28, 2016
congrats. looking forward to your review. i have a masterbuilt propane smoker and cant keep amnps either. ill be upgrading to a yoder or jen u wine jerry hopefully.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Congrats on the new smoker!

Looking forward to seeing it in action!

Al

muralboy

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 17, 2015
Welcome to SMF - formerly from NW Iowa.  Lots of good people and ideas here.  

You gonna love pellet smoking.  Had mine for a little over a year and have done so many things with it.  

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.