New to Masterbuilt smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tann

Original poster
Feb 23, 2020
Today is the first time I used my Masterbuilt smoker. I made some chicken wings which were very good. I also put a beef brisket in which has been cooking for 8hours. I just wrapped it in aluminum foil after 7 1/2 hrs. .and its still in the smoker.
My question is since its small because I cut it in half and only cooked half when should I take it out of the smoker and wrap it in the towel to rest for a couple of hours. I don't want to over cook it. Its dark on the outside.
Thanks

What temp are you smoking at? Hours of cook don't mean a lot. Go by the meat temperature. I wrap a brisket after it's past the stall, usually anywhere from 175 to 180, then take it to 200 to 203.
You don't have to towel wrap a brisket...

What temp are you smoking at? Hours of cook don't mean a lot. Go by the meat temperature. I wrap a brisket after it's past the stall, usually anywhere from 175 to 180, then take it to 200 to 203.
[/QUO
The smokers temperature was 225 and the meat temperature reached about 180. I took it out and its resting now until tomorrow. I didnt want it to dry out.
Thanks
TE]

I wrap a brisket after it's past the stall, usually anywhere from 175 to 180, then take it to 200 to 203.

If I'm reading this correctly. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of wrapping. Most folks wrap to get thru the stall, and then put the brisket back on the smoker to help firm the bark back up.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky