New to forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cheesehead

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 23, 2007
Hello my name is Jeff and I am new to this forum. I am also new to smoking. I received my camp chef smoker today and am looking forward to a smoky weekend. Just wanted to stop in and say Hi.

Welcome Cheesehead! You have come to the best forum on the internet... lots of friendly folk and great information here!

Cheesehead,

Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask questions, lots of advice and good folks here. Don't forget to check out Jeff's 5 day ecourse

Welcome, welcome to SMF. Glad you found us.

Remember, the only bad question is an unasked question.

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome Jeff,
It is nice to see you on the forum. Please feel free to share your smoking adventures with us and to ask questions and draw from the information provided here by the many friendly folks.

Wwlcome to the SMF
icon_lol.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new, too, and thrilled to find this forum. I got my smoker several years ago and have done many different meats in it: ribs, brisket, poultry, pork, etc. Probably my favorite is a smoked prime rib, which is so good I could practically eat the whole thing by myself.

What led me to you all is I'm doing a whole brisket for a picnic tomorrow and I was looking for information on how to trim the meat. (First time with a whole untrimmed slab.) Found the main Smoking Meat site, got here from there. Nice to find a whole forum devoted to smoking meat with so many knowledgeable folks.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks to everyone for the welcome. As soon as I can get out of this cubicle I'm going home to put my smoker together and "season" it. Any recommendations on how to properly accomplish this?

Jeff

Welcome Cheesehead!
When I seasoned my propane smoker I sprayed it with pam and ran it for a couple of hours at 250 to 300 degrees. I hope this helps.

Since this is my first smoker I got the 18 inch. I can see that maybe I should have gone for the 24 in but this one will work fine for me now.

Thanks for all the friendly remarks. I will let you know how things are going. There is a world of information here in this forum.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Cheese head -

My first smoker was a cardboard box with a light bulb - obviously I was limited to jerky and cheeses. You'll love it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky