• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New smoker stick for Cookshack?

Joined Oct 20, 2016
We currently supply 2 and 4 oz chunks but several restaurants have inquired about us producing 2"x2"x6" smoker sticks for their Cookshack smokers.  I am just doing an informal survey before investing in a whole new line of products.  Creating a new line for eleven varieties of wood in volume can be expensive.  Any comments or help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
I'm thinking that if restaurants are using the larger commercial CS smokers a larger single chunk may make sense. But for the users of the Amerique and smaller smokers the 2 and 4 ounce chunks are more than sufficient in that one can easily over snake their meat. On the mstter of economy, producing 6 inch sticks with a defined weight per stick would give one the option of cutting to a custom size depending upon what they are smoking.

Joined Oct 20, 2016
Thanks, Sarge.  I may just cut up a bunch and send it out for testing.  If I run it up the flag pole and no one salutes, no harm done.

old sarge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 26, 2012
Sounds like a good idea. Good luck!

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
Why 11?

b

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.