New smoker - KJJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I was hoping that you had already used it and posted on the performance and how it did and how much charcoal you used and how difficult to regulate the heat. I am looking at one and maybe before the end of the day I will order one.

Reactions: MCQSmoker
I was hoping that you had already used it and posted on the performance and how it did and how much charcoal you used and how difficult to regulate the heat. I am looking at one and maybe before the end of the day I will order one.

funny you just messaged this, because I’m currently in the midst of my first cook and it is a tank!

got to temperature very quick with significantly less charcoal than I used in my old smoker and I haven’t had to touch the dial once since I got the temp right

Attachments

• 1AE360BD-BC4C-44CB-BCC4-9DC5B4C4A256.jpeg
    1AE360BD-BC4C-44CB-BCC4-9DC5B4C4A256.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 6
Got my hands on a new smoker during Black Friday - Kamado Joe Jr.

Feels like a solid bit of kit, lot bigger in person than in the pictures. Never had a Kamado but always wanted one, think I’ll have some fun with it View attachment 518262View attachment 518261
Oh boy you are in for some fun once you get it tamed. I got a 22" ( different brand) and have not fired up the stick burner reverse flow since.

796BFEC5-FD50-4419-84E7-8BC7D4E6CCB1.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing the post smoke pics.

Started with wings before I try a big cook, nothing too fancy. The Kamado is honestly a beast compared to my old offset , so easy to get the temperature up and steady

1DED75D5-F7BE-4D32-A31F-970914E49E47.jpeg

Got my hands on a new smoker during Black Friday - Kamado Joe Jr.

Feels like a solid bit of kit, lot bigger in person than in the pictures. Never had a Kamado but always wanted one, think I’ll have some fun with it View attachment 518262View attachment 518261

I just got my Jr. delivered and have assembled it and I did not see anything about an initial burn in before first cook
did you do one if so how did you do it. I was thinking about starting out with about 250 to 300 for about an hour then
increase to 400 for hour then run with vents wide open for an hour or is this to much or to little.

I just got my Jr. delivered and have assembled it and I did not see anything about an initial burn in before first cook
did you do one if so how did you do it. I was thinking about starting out with about 250 to 300 for about an hour then
increase to 400 for hour then run with vents wide open for an hour or is this to much or to little.
Awesome congrats 😃

i just went straight for a cook - did some wings to start so nothing too wild. I read forums and a lot of people said a burn in wasn’t necessary, while some people were all for it. Whatever you feel comfortable with

Awesome congrats 😃

i just went straight for a cook - did some wings to start so nothing too wild. I read forums and a lot of people said a burn in wasn’t necessary, while some people were all for it. Whatever you feel comfortable with
Thanks for the info, guess I will just go for a cook and try this little bad boy out

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky